Lay-up and Stacking
Higher volume production at constant quality
The most basic and oldest fabrication method for thermoset composites is hand lay-up, which typically consists of laying dry fabric layers by hand onto a tool to form a laminate stack.
Today, most composite parts are draped manually and in order to meet increasing production rates, we totally re-examined this production process by developing an automated technology capable of taking one or more plies from an initial reference and placing them in their final position (flat or 3D) according to the lay-up plan (SMART Pick & Place).
Our SMART Control solution can complement the SMART Pick & Place in order to check at 100% the confirmity of the draping.
- Reduction of cycle time
- Improved quality and repeatability for production
- Improvement of the working environment
- Adaptable to different composite materials (dry and prepreg materials)
Customised draping solution
Example of configuration :
- Unwinding of the material
- Draping and shaping of folds
- Draping control (SMART Control)
- Preform trimming
- Preform assembly
- Closing of the injection mould
Standard solution : SMART Stacking
Two references are available:
- Working area: 1000x600mm for plies with a maximum size of 500x300mm
- Working area: 2000x1000mm for plies with a maximum size of 1000x300mm